The scope of practice of a Certified Athletic Therapist includes the prevention, immediate care, and reconditioning of musculoskeletal injuries.
Jason Piekarz has provided athletic therapy and athletic training services at the clinic since its inception.
The ultimate goal of rehabilitation is preparing the individual for safe reintegration into an active lifestyle.
A Certified Athletic Therapist utilizes contemporary rehabilitative techniques including:
- soft tissue mobilization
- therapeutic modalities such as ultrasound and electrotherapy
- physical reconditioning
- supportive strapping procedures
In combining treatment and nurturing an attitude of positive health, the athletic therapist promotes an environment conducive to optimal healing.
Prevention and Immediate Care
Injury rates can be reduced by utilizing preventative techniques.
- musculoskeletal and postural evaluation
- warm-up and conditioning programs
- prophylactic or supportive taping
- adapting to the activity environment and facilities
The CSRM also offers on-site sporting event first aid coverage. Our therapists are skilled in the immediate care of injuries. Contact us for further information.